The Healing Blossom: Tonsillectomy & Adenoidectomy - Day 3

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tonsillectomy & Adenoidectomy - Day 3

Today I feel worse than the previous 2 days. My throat seems to hurt a little more and I have a huge headache….it won’t go away. If I try to do anything on my computer, read or do anything around the house, my head just throbs. If I try to watch a movie, I doze off.

I’m surprised the couch is still the most comfortable place to sleep. It keeps my head elevated and it’s cozy right next to the fire place.

I’m pretty cold most of the time. I would love to eat something hot…or at least warm…but the ice still feels the best on my throat. I’m still having issues with air going up the nose when I swallow. If I drink something room temp, it feels like it’s going up my nose. If it’s a cold beverage it seems to go down the throat instead of up.

Day 3 Diet:

·         Aloe Juice and Coconut water over crushed ice (if I could only have one beverage, this would be it)

·         Organic apples and broccoli (baby food)

·         Chocolate Rice Protein Energizer with Borage Oil, Green Superfoods, Chlorophyll and Chia seeds. (I could only drink 1/4 of it – the chia seeds get caught in the throat)

·         Organic Healing Vegetable Broth (cold)

·         Good Belly Berry Pro-biotic beverage (mixed with the crushed percoset)

·         Green Machine, Naked Juice (mixed the crushed percoset)

·         Mango Sorbet (Simon’s treat)

I like the beverages over crushed ice instead of making them into popsicles.

I still feel pretty bloated today…no weight loss yet.

My ears feel sensitive but they are not aching. I had Simon put one drop of my essential oil blend called Millennia, in each ear. It’s supposed to reduce inflammation in the ears. I’m also using another oil blend called Endo Relief on my throat.

I just broke open a magnesium capsule and poured it into my juice. It doesn’t dissolve at all and it won’t mix in. I accidently inhaled the powder causing me to cough… cough…ouch…hopefully this will make my headache go away.

Tomorrow I will avoid the rice protein, the chia seeds hurt. I thought the swollen seeds would be soothing but they are not. I think I will do a shot of borage and flax oil with my next dose of medicine.

Aloe should be a required part of the tonsillectomy recovery. It feels soooooo good on the throat and it's so healing. Read more about the Aloe Juice I'm drinking here: http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-74/

NEXT: Day 4 - Tonsillectomy

No comments:

Post a Comment