The Healing Blossom: Tonsillectomy - Day 8,9,10

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tonsillectomy - Day 8,9,10


Day 8

Today my goal is to ease off this medication a little more and try to be active and awake. I have to go back to work Monday so sleeping from 1-5pm isn’t going to work next week.

I feel pretty good today and I was awake the entire day – no nap. I did some things around the house and added some products to my web-site. I was able to take all of my vitamins today (except buffered c) and even added in a liver cleanser. Even though I’m eating more I think I will see some weight loss if I give my liver from assistance.  I’m also going to make sure I eat plenty of liver cleansing foods today.

Day 8 Diet

·         1 egg on top of roasted sweet potato mash

·         Coconut water and aloe juice diluted in water

·         Alexa’s detox broth.

·         Steamed kale, zucchini and onions with olive oil and turmeric.

·         Leftover marinated salmon

·         Canned beets

·         Brown rice protein shake with Green Superfoods and borage oil

·         Detox friendly pumpkin coconut cream pie

·         I tried to eat some coconut ice cream – mango passion fruit but it was way too tangy. Instead I had some mango sorbet.



Day 9

I’m wiped today, I pushed it a little too hard yesterday. I did a little more work on my web-site and a few things around the house.. The pain has increased but I will only take the doses once every 8 hours. I don’t seem to get dizzy and I’m having 1 BM each day. Reducing the dosage has really helped my body overall. A dose of pain killers every 4 hours (as prescribed) is way too much. Sure it’s takes the pain away but I felt like my insides were shutting down.

I stayed awake until 2pmish before I needed a nap and slept a few hours.  We’re meeting Alexa and Damian for sushi tonight. It’s my first time out in over a week except for my surgery and doctor appointment. It’s feels nice to get dressed up and go out.

By the time we arrived at the restaurant it had been 4 hours since my last percoset dose. I need to find soft foods that are low in sodium, no tangy fruits, nothing crunchy and nothing spicy. I ordered a Sunset roll without lemon slices and fresh spring rolls. The peanut sauce served with the spring rolls burns. I thought the low sodium soy sauce would burn but it was safe. I can’t open my mouth very wide without pain so I’m forced to eat my sushi pieces in two bites. I did try some edamame without salt and that worked too.

Day 9

·         Coconut water and aloe juice diluted in water

·         Brown rice protein shake with Green Superfoods and borage oil

·         Detox friendly Pumpkin coconut cream pie and coconut whip cream.

·         Vanilla coconut yogurt

·         Sunset roll without lemon slice

·         Fresh salad spring rolls

·         Edamame

·         Jasmine tea

·         Ice cream



Day 10

I didn’t sleep well last night, it must have been the icecream right before bed. I’m really wiped out today. I think I pushed it a little too hard the last 2 days. I’ll be working all week and I really need to rest today. I tried taking my buffered vitamin c powder in water. It didn’t burn so I can add that back in every day.

Overall my pain level is pretty high today. About the 6th hour after my dose it starts to feel like a red hot poker in my throat. I feel like I could probably eat regular foods today as long as it’s within the hour of taking the percoset. But I’m going to stick to soft foods to avoid causing any damage while my throat is healing.

I have seen some weight loss the last few days. I think adding in my vitamins, the liver cleanser and reducing the percoset dosage has allowed my body to function properly so I can lose some weight.

Day 10 Diet

·         Coconut water and aloe juice

·         Vanilla coconut yogurt

·         Costco Veggie burger – plain, no bread

·         Left over sushi – Sunset roll with coconut aminos

No comments:

Post a Comment