The Healing Blossom: Tonsillectomy - Day 4

Monday, January 30, 2012

Tonsillectomy - Day 4

I woke up with a massive headache – I feel about the same as I did last night. Crushed ice with aloe juice and coconut water still feels the best. My head really hurts when I am sitting, standing or walking……..back to bed. The Percocet doesn’t help the headache at all….but it does knock me out so I can sleep.

After napping well into the day, I woke up feeling much better. The headache is gone but my throat still hurts. It's very difficult to talk unless it's within 30 minutes of taking ther percocet. I still seem to be handling the percoset OK. I haven't thrown up and I don't feel totally out of it. But I do require several naps a day - it's still a bit of a roller coaster.
Is the worst part over? Or is the worst yet to come? I believe the Millennia oil worked on my ears.  My ears started aching with my headache last night but it stopped soon after I put the Millennia oil in. My ears are still sensitive to sound. I remember reading a blog post from someone recommending earmuffs after a tonsillectomy. She said it’s because air made her ears hurt. It’s not the air, it’s noise and sound. I wrapped a scarf over my ears and it really helped.

Alexa makes the best healing broth – she made me a bottle and brought me her favorite Aloe juice and some beautiful flowers. Thanks Alexa! The broth is so much better than store bought broth, it has tons flavor (heavy on the sweet potato…just the way I like it).  For the first time since the surgery, warm liquid felt good. Tonight I had some mashed sweet potato and butternut squash soup. The sweet potato seemed to stick to the back of the throat. I didn’t like the way that felt. The butternut squash soup was perfect.

Day 4 Diet

·         Aloe Juice and Coconut water over crushed ice

·         Spinach, pea and pear (baby food) it wasn’t very good…the broccoli apple yesterday was much better.

·         Alexa’s Healing Broth

·         Good Belly Berry Pro-biotic with borage oil, green machine juice (mixed the crushed percoset)

·         Butternut squash soup, Pacific brand

·         Roasted sweet potatoes (yams) and sweet onion drizzled with olive oil, blended in a food processor with fresh cilantro.

·         Mango Sorbet (Simon’s treat)

I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings. I really hope the worst is over.  I haven’t had any weight loss which is really disappointing….it’s amazing you can starve yourself on a liquid diet, eating less than 600 healthy calories and not lose any weight…..stupid thyroid.

Beautiful flowers from Symee and Alexa:

No comments:

Post a Comment