The Healing Blossom: Tonsillectomy - Day 5 & 6

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tonsillectomy - Day 5 & 6

Day 5

Today I felt really dizzy. When I get dizzy I have to lay down - sItting up still makes me dizzy. I have to stop what ever I'm doing and laydown. If I don't I worry that I may throw-up which would be very painful.
I have not had a BM since the morning of day 2 which could be contributing to the way I feel. I prefer to have one after every meal when I’m on my detox diet – or at least twice per day. I really haven’t had much to eat but even a nursing baby has BMs.  I’ve tried to avoid being constipated from the pain medication by drinking the aloe juice with prune juice. But I think taking the pain meds every 4 hours as prescribed is a little too much. Now that I’m at day 5, I’m hoping the worst is over. Today I’m changing the dosage to every 5 hours. Maybe this will reduce my dizziness and allow me to have a BM.

After sleeping the day I away, I woke up feeling some movement. Yes, it’s time…….I don’t know how long I was up there, but it seemed like an hour…..a very very painful hour.
The extra hour in between doses makes my throat very painful but I think it’s what allowed me to have a BM. Tomorrow I will try 6 hours between doses.

Another thing I’ve noticed today – the pain has all been on the left side. I can’t feel any pain on the right side. Is the right side healing quicker? Or is the pain delayed on the right and the worst is yet to come?

I decided to make my detox friendly Pumpkin Coconut Cream Pie. I was going to add some honey since I’m not detoxing but honestly – sweet stuff just does not sound very good. I can’t eat the date-walnut and flaked coconut crust either, so it will be pretty plain. But it’s healthy nutrients that are easy to eat.

Day 5 Diet

·         Aloe Juice and Coconut water, no ice

·         Alexa’s healing broth (warm)

·         Good Belly Berry Pro-biotic with borage oil, green machine juice (mixed the crushed percoset)

·         Butternut squash soup, Pacific brand

·         Roasted sweet potatoes (yams) and sweet onion drizzled with olive oil, blended in a food processor with fresh cilantro.

·         My detox friendly Pumpkin Coconut Cream Pie with coconut whip cream



Day 6

My kidden has been keeping me company while Simon is working. He can tell I’m not feeling well. The night before my surgery, he must have sensed my nervousness too, he was extra snuggly and loving.

I did sleep most of the day and its impossible to watch a movie or read a book because I fall asleep within 15 minutes and I’m out for a few hours.

Today’s goal – take the Percocet every 6 hours. I had a small BM today and my head seems to be a little clearer but I still feel absent minded at times.

Day 6 Diet

·         Coconut water diluted with ice. (Out of Aloe)

·         Alexa’s healing broth (warm)

·         Good Belly Berry Pro-biotic with borage oil, green machine juice (mixed the crushed percoset)

·         Butternut squash soup, Pacific brand

·         Roasted sweet potatoes (yams) and sweet onion drizzled with olive oil, blended in a food processor with fresh cilantro.

·         Detox friendly Pumpkin Coconut Cream Pie and coconut whip cream.

·         Coconut yogurt, vanilla flavored mixed with Green Superfood

Next: Day 7 - Tonsillectomy

No comments:

Post a Comment